Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 9: New Housing in Vashi Naka

Today, I met up with Rahul Gaware, another worker with C.O.R.O., who graciously opened his home for me to photograph.  Rahul and his family has been living in one of the new housing buildings for 3 years, since they were displaced from their former home when the new main road was built in its place.




















I plan to include this with the other images I have shot of Vashi Naka and create a complete series from this trip.  This is a complex, continuous and universal conversation about relocating communities and "slum rehabilitation" so I am very interested in continuing this project into a larger body of work - including more of Vashi Naka, as well as exploring similar project elsewhere, such as in the Philippines and Detroit.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment